Create more time for writing, by living Smarter. There are a few simple ways you can do this, and I can show you how to start implementing these changes today!
It’s so important to stop wasting time on low priority tasks and figure out how to streamline and smart your way through your necessary ones.
This topic might not fit into the typical writing blog, but for us, it’s extremely applicable. The key is to sort through your time and make it work for you!
Ways to improve productivity and therefore create more time to write, include:
- Prioritise what is important in your day and life.
- Reduce daily activities, or shorten them to free up time for your writing and writing activities.
- Decrease the time spent on chores – for example, delegate, or get a cleaner, and find systems and methods that take the time out of cleaning.
- Decreasing the time spent on cooking and meal prep – simplify life, by shopping, prepping and cooking Smart. Find a system which works for you and your family.
- Decrease time spent on exercise – don’t spend hours on useless cardio training – try something that delivers results and does so quickly – like HIIT workouts.
These a just a few things I will cover in this section, to help you free up more time to spend writing, researching, reading, thinking and being creative.
There are also a lot of ways to include the typical writing activities into a busy day full of chores, cleaning, running errands etc. including:
- Make use of what you’re given in each moment.
- Be mindful, and use all the opportunities to be aware of whats around you, notice people, traits, conversations, interactions, descriptions.
- While doing dishes, plan out that next scene. While driving, listen to a short story on audiobook.
I will also devote a whole series to this way of thinking, and how you can include a little writing observation and research into each day and it’s typical activities.
If you have any feedback or topics you would like me to tackle, please leave a comment below, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.